Friday, April 28, 2006

The Agony of Defeat

Can you believe it?! I slaved away all day at a hot computer... well, at least for half an hour... to produce my advertising masterpiece (the Chevy ad), and look at the response I just got from Chevrolet!

"On behalf of Chevy and the all new 2007 Tahoe, we’d like to thank you for your outstanding effort in the Chevy Online Apprentice contest. Thousands entered, millions checked out the Tahoe site and your response was overwhelming. The commercial you submitted was strong but, after careful deliberation, we’ve decided to go in another direction... [yada yada]... Thanks, Ed Peper, Chevrolet General Manager"

They even took my ad down from their site! Have they no decency? (Rhetorical question: remember, they make planet-wrecking SUVs).* Thankfully, before they took my lovely creation down, a talented computer-hacker friend of mine managed to convert the ad to a format that can be saved, so I have a copy. My efforts were not for nought.

* Email your complaints re: the indignities Chevy inflicts on the planet and on my ad to Ed Peper at the following address:
Chevrolet@email.chevrolet.bfi0.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home