Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dark Night

It's March 11, 3AM. I am still at work. Thus far this month, I've worked more than 115 hours, billing all but five of those. I didn't mind it--in fact I liked it--until today. It was motivating; we're trying to prevent a gross miscarriage of justice fueled by blatant prosecutorial misconduct. I wish I could say more about this case, but obviously I can't.

Here's the review I wish I could give to a certain partner: When you're in a good mood, you're great. Smart, funny, slightly eccentric, highly principled, down to earth, charmingly old school. But when you're not in a good mood, you're the reason associates flee law firms. Suggestion: Try not venting your frustration with that malevolent judge on your underlings. Try not yelling at people for doing work that you yourself describe as "brilliant." Try not making associates cry. That would be a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home