Monday, February 25, 2008

Update on My Latest Opinions (Excellence #4)

I Heart: Daniel Day Lewis and his wife, Rebecca Miller.
Greatest (and most gorgeous) actor on the face of the earth shows up at the Oscars in pirate earrings, brown suede shoes and a tie that looks like a dead bat. The Missus is upholstered in the mourning clothes of a Wild West brothel-keeper, her chest and shoulders for some reason festooned with Christmas bows. What can I say? I love these people. Repeat after me: "What-evah! I'll wear what I want!"

I Heart: Tilda Swinton.
As stated previously. This time, I heart her for wearing some sort of Addams Family muu-muu to the Oscars and giving one of the most genuinely witty acceptance speeches I've ever heard (I'm thinking particularly of her affectionate teasing of George Clooney). She even managed to work the words "buttocks" and "nipples" into it. Enjoy the clip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home